- 20-watt UV water clarifier effectively kills suspended algae, eliminating green-water pond problems
- Suitable for medium ponds up to 3000 gallons using pumps up to 1800 gph
- Vortex flow design and slim diameter provides added efficiency; installable in or outside pond
- Includes 9000-hour 20-watt lamp, transformer, 18-foot power cord, and watertight quartz sleeve
- Measures approximately 19 by 4 inches; 1-year warranty
Is algae making that pond water look a little green? This 20-watt clarifier uses ultraviolet light to kill algae and harmful bacteria for cleaner water and smoother pump operation. The light is submersible so it doesn't detract from the natural pond look, and, at the same time, its slim design tucks behind pond borders for concealed above-surface installation (with proper tubing). The clarifier is designed to work in conjunction with pumps with up to 1,800 gallons per hour of output, and clarifies water in ponds holding up to 3,000 gallons. The cleansing, ultraviolet light is equipped with a 3/4-inch barbed intake and outlet for attaching flexible tubing. A vortex flow design increases water exposure time and the unit's slim diameter brings more of the water closer to the intense UV rays for optimal efficiency. An 18-foot power cord easily reaches nearby power sources. Soft, blue indicator lights show that the unit is working. Additionally, water can be pumped through the UV light and then into a biological filter (sold separately) where debris and dead algae can be trapped and decomposed.